Why do this course?
In this series of four online, interactive workshops teachers will build their confidence and discover practical techniques for delivering effective and engaging remote learning experiences.
The workshops explore common issues when teaching online, both synchronously and asynchronously. They demonstrate effective online teaching practices, provide practical activities, and will give teachers a clear understanding of the key principles.
Each 90-minute workshop is delivered by an experienced Cambridge trainer, who draws on insights from recent research.
The workshops are designed for teachers who
- Have a recommended B2 level of English or higher
- Teach secondary or adult learners
8/15/22/29 of July from 11.00 to 12.30
ENROLMENT NOW OPEN
Aula Siena will manage the reimbursement for you.
(Siena Educación S.A. entity registered in FUNDAE)
Buy the course and you will receive your enrolment confirmation within 24 hours.
We will send you access to the course.
Financing Training at no cost for Private and Concerted Educational Centers. Request a budget without obligation for your educational center. Financed with credits from FUNDAE. Management included in the proposal. Experts in bonus management. Qualification of the State Public Employment Service, S.E.P.E.
- Mixed synchronous virtual classroom 6 hours and 2 hours online.
- Duration of course: 8 hours
Interactive online workshops given by a member of the Cambridge Professional Learning and Development Team, via Zoom.
Teaching in the socially distanced classroom provides:
- Four 90-minute online workshops delivered by a member of the Cambridge Professional Learning and Development Team via zoom.
- Expert Support for teachers: The workshops were developed by experienced teachers and trainers and are delivered by Cambridge trainers to ensure you are fully supported in your learning.
- Contextualised Learning: Our trainers will help you to relate the workshop content to your context, helping you to apply what you’ve learnt and ensure a positive impact for your learners.
- Collaborative, interactive and practical learning: Each workshop includes input, tasks and opportunities for discussion together with pre and post session tasks where you will be asked to apply and reflect on what has been learnt.
- Proof of learning: There will be a final evaluation.
Programme structure and content:
Creating a positive learning environment
This workshop will give you an overview of the key challenges of online learning and set out criteria for learners’ success. In particular we will explore the importance of the social aspects of online learning, building group cohesion and collaboration, and ways of encouraging learners to develop responsibility for their learning
Developing speaking skills online
In this workshop we will consider the challenges of developing speaking skills online, and look at a range of speaking activities and interactions. We will explore techniques for managing speaking activities successfully, and ways of monitoring and giving feedback.
Delivering engaging lessons
In this workshop we will address the challenge of learner engagement, which can be more difficult when teaching online. We will consider ways of getting and keeping learners’ attention through a variety of inputs, along with strategies and task types for keeping learners active and engage throughout the lesson.
Planning effective online lessons
This workshop will pull together the learning from the previous sessions and look at the implications for planning effective online lessons. We will consider the tips and activities which support successful learning, and apply them to coursebook material, giving confidence to adapt your material appropriately for the online environment.